What Sets Us Apart?
Why Choose Us?
Dr. Christy Fortney was voted the San Diego Union Tribune’s top female orthodontist for 2013 – 2016. We know that you have a choice of several offices in the area that can serve your orthodontic needs.
We sincerely appreciate you giving us a chance to demonstrate what our office can provide for you or your child.
- Hidden Valley Orthodontics operates under the philosophy that everyone is different and therefore has different needs. Not every child or adult will need braces! But, where children are concerned, it’s a wise decision to have your child evaluated by an orthodontic specialist beginning around age 7.
- Dr. Fortney has been a practicing for more than 14 years and has devoted herself to making sure that Hidden Valley Orthodontics delivers the highest quality care and service possible. She has assembled a team that is second to none and has continually stretched to make sure she is leading the way in technology and the newest treatment methods.
- Dr. Fortney’s passion for dentistry began at a young age while working alongside her father. Now, having two young sons of her own, she understands the concerns parents have regarding orthodontic treatment. We understand that you have a choice of several offices in the area that can serve your orthodontic needs and we appreciate you allowing us a chance to demonstrate what our office can provide for your family.
Take the First Step to the Smile
You Always Wanted!
Here are some features you should be aware of when choosing an orthodontist:
- Personal recommendation from a friend or family member
- Recommendation from family dentist
- Is the person you are considering a licensed orthodontic specialist?
- Did you know that, legally, a general dentist can also do orthodontics?
- Is your orthodontic treatment important enough to you that you would choose an office that has a university trained orthodontic specialist that has had two years of additional training?
- Are they a Diplomate of The American Board of Orthodontics?
- Are you choosing an orthodontist that doesn’t take shortcuts?
- Some orthodontist provide a treatment recommendation without doing the diagnostic testing (x-rays, photos and impressions of the teeth) necessary to plant accurate treatment.
- There is no substitute for having all the information that these diagnostic tests provide. Skipping steps can lead to improper diagnosis and treatment.
- Does the office value your time?
- Is the orthodontist invested in the latest techniques and is their team trained to keep your care “state of the art”?
- Are there payment options that make your treatment more affordable?
Here are some of the features you should know about Hidden Valley Orthodontics:
- About half of the patients referred to our office are from patients and parents who are either in treatment or have completed their treatment with us. One of the highest compliments we can receive is when our patients refer their friends and relatives to us! – Read what our patients are saying >>
- About half of the patients referred to our office are from dentists that we have known for many years. We have treated many members of their families. They have seen the consistently great smiles of their patients after treatment and have received positive feedback about our superior service. It is very important to us that our referring doctors always feel comfortable about referring to us and that they know that their patients will always be treated exceptionally well!
- Dr. Fortney is a university trained orthodontic specialist. After completing dental School at Northwestern in Chicago, Dr. Fortney attended a two-year orthodontic specialty training program at Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C. Then she went on to receive her Diplomate of The American Board of Orthodontics (the highest distinction achievable in the specialty of orthodontics).
- We have friendly staff that are highly trained and qualified. Our staff has been carefully selected to provide you with the best quality of service possible. Most of our staff have been with Hidden Valley Orthodontics for many years. Our clinical staff are all Registered Dental Assistants (R.D.A.) who have had additional training and qualifications to provide excellent orthodontic care.
- Come see our fun office environment. We take pride in knowing that kids and adults have a great time when they visit us. The first thing you’ll notice when you enter is our comfortable reception area. We have a coffee bar as well as a very fine selection of magazines. The arcade room has several full-sized X-Box and PlayStation2 video games (“free play,” of course) that will keep kids happy while their siblings are being seen. Adults are welcomed too! The castle is a special play area for younger children that has video cartoons, books, and Duplo blocks. The treatment area has several television monitors showing cartoons or movies, and each chair has its own Gameboy. Our jukebox has 100 of the latest CDs as well as plenty of songs for young and old alike! A special fun time is our Annual Patient Appreciation Day at the Wave Waterpark in August!
- We offer convenient appointment times and on-time scheduling. Our office offers appointment times between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. that should be convenient for most families. Although there may be times when appointments must be during school hours, most short appointments can be after school when necessary. The office evaluations sent in by our patients continually comment on our promptness in seeing you at your appointed time. We know you time is valuable!
- We have “State-of-the-Art” technology to make your treatment as smooth and comfortabe as possible, while obtaining the best results possible.
Our Payment Options may include:
- Cash paid at start of treatment (bookkeeping credit will be given). Ask for current percentage.
- Down payment and monthly payments with no interest charge.
- Electronic Payment (credit card or bank account) For your convenience automatic monthly payments are available either through your credit card or bank account.
- OFP Financing. In some cases this can allow lower monthly payments!
We really do appreciate the confidence that you have shown in our office. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your time with us more enjoyable.