The HVO Kids Club
Our HVO Kids Club program is designed for our younger patients, not quite ready for treatment. With consistent monitoring at a younger age, Dr. Fortney is able to track the growth and development of these kiddos and develop plans for treatment as needed. By utilizing early monitoring, some often overlooked issues can be documented and treated, if necessary.
What is Dr. Fortney looking for?
- Obstructive breathing issues. (Is your child a mouth breather?)
- Position of baby and permanent teeth
- Dental overcrowding or spacing which could hinder or affect permanent tooth development or position
- Teeth at risk for injury or decay due to protrusion or overcrowding
- Harmful habits that may cause orthodontic problems (thumb sucking)
- Oral hygiene and overall dental health
- A balanced facial appearance
Take the First Step to the Smile You Always Wanted!
As far as the Kids are concerned, the HVO Kids Club, (formerly know as the HVO Beach Club) is designed to be FUN! We have games and contests specifically for these Kids’ Club members to keep their appointments fun and interesting! Children love coming to these appointments.
We have over 750 members in our HVO Kids Club. Why so many? Because we do not recommend unnecessary early orthodontic treatment and it is our goal to treat children one time and one time only whenever possible. Over 90% of our patients are treated in one step. Dr. Fortney feels that “Two Phase” orthodontic treatment is grossly over-prescribed by orthodontists.
Previously, when Dr. Fortney’s sons were 7 and 9, they too were Kids Club members. The kids Club is a fantastic way for our younger friends and family to be a part of our practice while Dr. Fortney actively monitors the development of their teeth and jaws. We are happy to report that both of Dr. Fortney’s sons amazing smiles are now under construction as active patients in the practice.