Our HVO Kids Club program is designed for our younger patients, not quite ready for treatment. With consistent monitoring at a younger age, Dr. Fortney is able to track the growth and development of these kiddos and develop plans for treatment as needed. By utilizing early monitoring, some often overlooked issues can be documented and treated, if necessary. hidden valley orthodontist
What is Dr Fortney looking for?
- Obstructive breathing issues. (Is your child a mouth breather?)
- Position of baby and permanent teeth
- Dental overcrowding or spacing which could hinder or affect permanent tooth development or position
- Teeth at risk for injury or decay due to protrusion or overcrowding
- Harmful habits that may cause orthodontic problems (thumb sucking)
- Oral hygiene and overall dental health
- A balanced facial appearance
About Our Kids Club
the HVO Kids Club, (formerly known as the HVO Beach Club) is designed to be FUN! We have games and contests specifically for these Kids’ Club members to keep their appointments fun and interesting! Children love coming to these appointments.
Previously, when Dr. Fortney’s sons were 7 and 9, they too were Kids Club members. The kids Club is a fantastic way for our younger friends and family to be a part of our practice while Dr. Fortney actively monitors the development of their teeth and jaws. We are happy to report that both of Dr. Fortney’s sons amazing smiles are now under construction as active patients in the practice.