- A person’s smile is the first feature that most people notice.
- U.S. Consumers buy nearly 14 million gallons of toothpaste every year.
- Humans have two sets of teeth during their lifetime, while sharks have around 40 sets of teeth.
- Your tooth enamel is the hardest part of your entire body.
- One third of your teeth are underneath your gums.
- Most adults have 32 teeth. As a shocking comparison, mosquitoes have about 47 teeth and snails have about 25 teeth…on their tongues!
- The average person spends 38 days brushing their teeth during their lifetime.
- Teeth start to form even before birth. Milk teeth, or baby teeth, start when a baby is in the womb, but teeth don’t show until a child is between six and twelve months old.
- Modern toothpaste has only been available for the past hundred years. Before toothpaste, humans used charcoal or ground chalk, ashes, lemon juice and honey-tobacco mixtures to clean their teeth.
- Your mouth produces over 25,000 quarts of saliva throughout your life. That’s enough to fill two swimming pools. Saliva protects your teeth from bacteria in your mouth.
Hidden Valley Orthodontics © 2015
Dr. Christy Fortney
Address: 230 W. 3rd Avenue, Escondido, CA 92025
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.